- Use Dates for Folder names
- Use Tags to make it easier to find your pictures
- Use a standard file extension (jpg) to make it easier to share with others
- Back up your pictures to an external drive or CD for safekeeping
- Use CD-R versus CD-RW to prevent accidentally overriding
- Print a contact or index sheet and save it with your CD so you can view pictures without inserting the CD.
- Resize pictures before emailing
- Picasa is a user friendly free picture editing program to use
- Consider uploading pictures to websites like Picasa, SnapFish, Shutterfly, etc. if you have a large quantity to share.
Did you know?
If you RIGHT click on a picture select PROPERTIES then DETAILS you can view the date/time it was taken, type of camera and additional details?
Simultaneously renaming a group of pictures:
- Open up the folder with the pictures you wish to rename
- Press CTRL + A to select all pictures
- RIGHT click on a picture
- Select RENAME
- Type a name
- Press ENTER on the keyboard
NOTE: It’s recommended that you do not initially delete the pictures off the camera or memory card until you are sure that everything has transferred.
Company: PC Computing, LLC