You may be able to find great deals on the Internet: lower prices, free shipping, sometimes even free gift wrap and most of all the convenience of not having to leave home.
Please do take some precautions:
- Make sure your computer is fully protected. Your antivirus protection should be running and updated.
- If you want to reduce spam coming into your personal email account, create a separate email account for these purchases. You can use yahoo, hotmail or any other free site.
- Use a credit card versus a debit card –you’ll have far better protection in case of disputes.
- When entering credit card information look for an https:// on the address bar or a padlock, this means you are using a secure server.
- Review your order thoroughly before clicking on the Submit button—and only click it once, otherwise you may be double charged!
- Read customer reviews, you may find helpful information regarding the product you wish to purchase.
- If it sounds too good to be true—it probably is.